Thursday, April 21, 2011

Royal Wedding Week: Oscar de la Renta

I am obsessed with all things British. I lived in London for a year, fell in love with the city, and am just dying to go back sometime very very soon. I am also obsessed with the Royal Family, as I find their history and their lifestyle to be so intriguing. And considering I work in the wedding industry, I therefore am completely CONSUMED by the upcoming royal wedding. So, for the next week leading up to the big event, Sand Dune Lane will be overtaken by all things royal, wedding, and British...


After months of speculation, rumors began circulating this week that the lovely Kate Middleton had chosen Sophie Cranston, of the British label Libelula, as her wedding gown designer. Cranston, who has worked with both Alexander McQueen and Alice Temperley, seemed like an obvious choice. Check out a few of her bridal designs here. Sure enough, I read this morning that Cranston is denying rumors that she will design the princess-to-be's gown. Perhaps the coveted role will go to Sarah Burton, who took over as Creative Director for Alexander McQueen. Burton's name has been in the running all along and her latest collection at Paris Fashion Week was heavily bridal inspired.

Nevertheless, I think we'll be waiting until April 29th to find out the official designer. I'm ok with that - I like surprises. However, if I were shopping for a wedding gown now (and had unlimited funds), my first stop would be Oscar de la Renta. His Spring 2012 Collection at Bridal Fashion Week proved to be elegant and chic but with modern, often colorful, and detailed twists. I love the idea of wearing a short wedding dress and his collection was full of many different lengths - from mini to tea length to full train.










LOVE how the Oscar de la Renta for Lee Jofa collection was incorporated into the bridal collection - check out the beautiful embroidery on this skirt. Very fresh and cool!

 My favorite? A tie between these last two!...

No comments: