Monday, January 31, 2011

Red Carpet Review: 2011 SAG Awards

One good thing that comes out of dreadful winter is awards season. And last night's SAG Awards did not disappoint! Trends included two of my favorites - color and pattern, along with white gowns, lace and sparkle. Onward with the best and worst dressed lists...

My picks for best dressed of the evening:
Dianna Agron in Chanel Haute Couture. I love that she switched it up with a shorter ankle length hem, which matches the trend in skirts for spring. Very pretty.
Julie Bowen in Malandrino. How bold (and cool) to wear a pantsuit! This one is sexy and chic. Her risk definitely paid off.
Tina Fey in Oscar de la Renta. Sooo much better than her Golden Globes dress. This red lace gown is striking. Classic and gorgeous.
Sarah Hyland in Max Mara. Adore the burnt orange color! She looks young, fresh and comfortable, like she threw this on and was out the door in half an hour. 
I couldn't find a better image, but Betty White has to make my best dressed list. Perfectly age appropriate. Is it weird that I teared up when she won? And then she gave the most hilarious acceptance speech. Ever.
Natalie Portman in Azzaro. I have to admit I didn't love this dress on her at all. It's way too tight and doesn't work on her pregnant body. But she makes my best dressed list solely because it is a MAJOR improvement on her Golden Globes disaster. And her Tiffany jewelry is to die for.
Amy Adams in Herve L. Leroux. This dress is completely unique, especially up close. The wrapping and draping is so interesting, combined with her sleek ponytail - I'm a big fan.
Kim Kardashian in Marchesa. I'm not exactly sure what she was doing at the SAG Awards, but the dress is so romantic. It is certainly a welcome departure from her usual overly done-up look.
Sofia Vergara in Cavalli. The color of this dress and, let's be serious, her body are both absolutely show stopping.
Hillary Swank in Versace. So soft, so pretty.
Hailee Steinfeld in Prada. Very refreshing. I want this dress!!!
Lea Michelle in Oscar de la Renta. A very close second to best dressed. I feel like she's channeling the Halston style of the 70s. The deep neckline, the sparkle, the wrap style, the thin gold belt - AMAZING.
And the best dressed??? Mila Kunis in Alexander McQueen. Apparently Joan Rivers disagrees, but I think Mila looks carefree and beautiful. Her hair and makeup perfectly work with this ethereal style and lovely pattern. It reminds me of Rachel McAdams' Oscar dress from last year. I love it!!!

Only a few eehh picks this time around:
Eva Longoria in Georges Hobeika. She looked so amazing at the Golden Globes, I'm not sure what could beat it. This dress has potential but just somehow doesn't work.
Jennifer Lawrence in Oscar de la Renta. Everything about this dress is stunning, including the color, but EXCEPT the belt. She looks like a Christmas present.
Claire Danes in Louis Vuitton. Same deal! Love the dress. Love the pattern. Don't love the the awkward belt.

And get ready to shield your eyes! Here we go with worst dressed. Eeek!
Melissa Leo in Randi Rahm. I actually really like this dress, but only on a supermodel. It simply doesn't fit her.
Angie Harmon in Monique Lhuillier. Black swan? How about pink swan?
Christina Hendricks in L'Wren Scott. Oh. My. God. Terrible. Just terrible. She looks like Hugh Hefner in his pjs. She is such a sexy woman! Why cover up this much?!?
Winona Ryder in Alberta Ferretti. Here comes the bride, all dressed in white...
January Jones in Carolina Herrera. I can't help but see my grandmother's curtains. She is way too young and hip to be wearing this dress.
Nicole Kidman in Nina Ricci. The necklace doesn't work at all. It's too distracting to even notice what could be a beautiful dress.
Drumroll please...worst dressed is Jenna Fisher in Fendi. I own a sweater just like this. And guess what? I wear it to WORK. On a bad day.

No comments: