Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Art of the Gallery Wall

I've lived in my apartment for 2 months now and I still have not hung any art on the walls. Considering my passion for art and for displaying my own photographs, this needs to change ASAP. In searching for inspiration for gallery walls, I found these great examples... 




(J.Crew Men's Shop, Madison Avenue)

I love the idea of the mini gallery wall above Lulu Powers' desk in the Lonny photo. It could provide a constant source of creative flow, sort of like a more formal inspiration board. I'm also surprised about how much I love the possibility of taking the gallery wall all the way to the floor, like Camila from Effortless Style did in her family's stairway. It forms its own wallpaper of sorts. With these ideas, I can't wait to take on my own gallery wall project and to share the finished project!

Images via 1. Apartment Therapy; 2. Lonny; 3. Apartment Therapy; 4. Apartment Therapy; 5. Effortless Style; 6. Apartment Therapy; 7. StyleList; 8. Shelter; 9. Nate Berkus in Elle Decor

No comments: