Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bedroom Lust: Hillary Thomas Designs

Anyone ever heard the expression, "a cobbler's children have no shoes?" Well, that's how I feel about home decor. Growing up with an interior designer mother, our house was NEVER finished. Once one room was finished, we'd move on to the next and then the next, only to continually start the process all over again. To this day, as I write a design and lifestyle blog and plan to start my own creative business, I am so inundated with ideas that I can never fully commit to one plan for my own space. However, I feel as though my problem is starting to turn around with my current love for orange suzani injected with pops of blue, as featured in this post from last week. To my intense delight, I recently discovered this bedroom in the latest issue of Lonny, which goes one step further by adding another personal favorite - leopard.
Hillary Thomas designed this guest bedroom in the Pacific Palisades home of Marlien Rentmeester, Lucky magazine's West Coast bureau chief. Outfitted in wall-to-wall leopard carpeting, Brunschwig & Fils fabric for the window treatments, Hillary Thomas Designs bedding, and a repainted armoire found at Circa Who, the room exemplifies Thomas' eclectic style and her belief in wabisabi, the Japanese aesthetic of finding beauty in the imperfect. 

This bedroom has solidified my current inspirational plan. I love the mix of patterns, neutrals and bright colors. Free-spirited yet preppy, classic yet trendy, traditional yet modern - the style is certainly imperfect...but it works perfectly.

No comments: